Sexual and criminal abuse

Abuse and criminal injury compensation claims

If you've suffered from any form of violence or abuse, you may have the right to compensation. You can talk confidentially to one of our legal specialists today. There is no financial risk either, as the majority of Slater and Gordon clients claim compensation on a No Win No Fee basis.

Woman sitting on the seashore watching the setting sun

No Win No Fee Compensation

Slater and Gordon has extensive experience of supporting those who have suffered from abuse and criminal injury. The damage caused by abusers and violent criminals can have a long lasting effect on your life or that of a loved one. Our service is guaranteed to be confidential, and our specialist lawyers aim to bring you justice and compensation. Talk to us now on freephone 0330 041 5869 or contact us online to speak to one of our legal experts.

Find out more about No Win No Fee abuse claims

Contact us

Claiming for abuse, physical or sexual

Every single instance of sexual or physical abuse is different and it can happen to anyone. We understand how hard it can be to talk to someone about what you've suffered. So when you're ready, one of our compassionate and understanding solicitors will be here ready to talk to you. Below are some of the most common forms of abuse our specialists have dealt with:

  • Abuse suffered as a child in local authority or foster care, or failure by social services to protect a child from abuse
  • Abuse suffered as a child by someone who's in a position of responsibility and trust, such as a priest, teacher or sports coach
  • Abuse suffered as a child within organisations such as sporting clubs and scout groups
  • Abuse suffered within the family
  • Abuse or assaults by doctors and medical professionals
  • Abuse of elder/older people by a health professional, member of staff, visitor, or another care home resident
  • Abuse suffered as an adult
  • A single incident of a sexual or physical assault

If the above or a similar situation has happened to you or a loved one, our legal experts are here to listen. Read more about confidentiality and anonymity here.

Claiming for injuries caused by a violent crime

If you've been injured severely due to a violent crime we may be able to help you claim rightful compensation through the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA). Slater and Gordon are one of the UK's leading injury compensation specialist law firms, and one of our helpful lawyers are here to talk to you about your incident as soon as you are ready. We'll be able to advise on whether or not you have a case and how best to proceed.

What is CICA?

CICA stands for Criminal Injury Compensation Authority. It's an arm of the UK Government, designed to help innocent victims of abuse and violent crime claim for rightful compensation. For more information on the CICA claims process click here, alternatively contact one of our legal experts today.

How much compensation am I likely to receive?

The amount of compensation you are likely to receive for an abuse claim differs significantly as every case is different, so until we know the circumstances of your claim it's impossible to say. However, your claim will be dealt with by one of our specialists in abuse law who will provide advice on how much you are likely to receive once they have all the circumstances.

How long do I have to make a claim?

Generally, the time limit for pursuing a claim for personal injury in the UK is three years. However, there are exceptions for cases of abuse, so even if it happened a very long time ago, it's still possible to make a claim for compensation. So, please don't worry if your case happened a long time ago. Speak to one of our specialists in confidence today about making a compensation claim.

Meet the abuse law experts

Meet our specialist abuse law team, who are some of the most well-known and well respected experts in the UK.

Search our website
Sorry, we have no results to show
Please try a different search term.
Oops, something went wrong
Please try typing in your search again.
Back to top