Accidents abroad

Compensation claims for accidents abroad

If you've been injured abroad and it wasn't your fault, it's possible to make a compensation claim from here in the UK. Slater and Gordon is a specialist claims firm with extensive experience of helping clients who have been injured in accidents abroad.

Mother and son spending time together outside

No Win No Fee compensation

Slater and Gordon is one of Britain's leading legal firms, with a wealth of overseas expertise that makes us the natural choice when you wish to claim compensation for an injury sustained abroad. Talk to us now on freephone 0330 041 5869 or contact us online to speak to one of our legal experts.

Find out more about No Win No Fee travel injury claims

Contact us

Accidents abroad

How can we help you with your accidents abroad claim?

Whether travelling away on business or with the family, you are still at risk of injury or an accident abroad. If you or a loved one have been injured while abroad you may be entitled to make a travel accident claim.

Mother and son at the zoo together

Can I claim for an holiday accident?

Whether you are working or holidaying abroad, accidents are just as likely to happen due to someone else's negligence overseas as they are in the UK. That can cause complications while you're abroad, especially if you have to pay for additional travel expenses or even medical care. However, once you're back in the UK, it's perfectly possible to make an injury compensation claim for all of these eventualities and more:

If you can't wait until your return to the UK before starting your claim, we also have the expertise and the resources to provide you with International legal representation, medical treatments and rehabilitation support.

Talk to us

Can I claim compensation if I was on a package holiday?

In some cases, accidents abroad will be the responsibility of the tour operator or UK-based travel agent you book with. So if your claim related to some element of a package holiday, it may be easier to claim for an accident abroad than if you simply slipped on a wet floor in a shopping centre. However, as long as you gather evidence to support your claim and report it to a member of staff wherever the accident occurs, it's possible to make No Win No Fee claim for many accidents abroad.

How much will my holiday accident claim be worth?

There is no set rule for how much compensation you might receive for an injury abroad. This all depends on the extent of your injuries and how long it is expected a full recovery will take. However, in addition to damages for pain and suffering, you may also be able to claim for any loss of earnings as well as for the cost of any medical treatment or rehabilitation that may be required.

How long do I have to make a holiday accident claim?

In the UK, the law generally sets a time limit, in most cases, of three years from the date of an accident in which to start a claim. However, different countries have different time limits, so it's always best to contact a specialist holiday accident solicitor as soon as practically possible.

How long does a holiday accident compensation claim take?

This very much depends on how serious your injuries are as well as whether the negligent party's insurers accept responsibility. However, we always aim to pursue justice for our clients as quickly and efficiently as possible, and will also seek to claim interim payments where your injury might cause you financial hardship, or where you need to begin rehabilitation as soon as possible.

What are the most common form of holiday accidents?

  • Road traffic accidents overseas: our holiday accident solicitors can help if you were injured abroad in a road traffic accident that was not your fault. Whether you were injured as a pedestrian or if your injuries occurred in car crash, on a coach trip, in a motorbike accident or whilst you were riding a bicycle, a scooter or a horse; you can claim compensation by calling our No Win No Fee solicitors and providing the details about the accident.
  • Slips, trips and falls abroad: you can claim compensation if you slipped, tripped and fell injuring yourself in a hotel or on the grounds of a resort; slips and trips are quite common near swimming pools and also occur when boarding or leaving an aeroplane or a train. Falls from balconies are unfortunately another common accident which can occur abroad. Click here for more on injuries in public places.

Speak to a holiday accident solicitor

Slater and Gordon will provide a sympathetic, professional and honest approach to people who come to us with injuries from a holiday.

When you've suffered a holiday accident, you need experts you can talk to and trust. Contact our solicitors about making a holiday accident compensation claim on 0330 041 5869 or online here.

Meet the travel law experts

Meet our specialist travel law team, who have a vast amount of expertise of dealing with jurisdiction issues when someone has been injured abroad.

Search our website
Sorry, we have no results to show
Please try a different search term.
Oops, something went wrong
Please try typing in your search again.
Back to top